PUTTING PEOPLE TO WORK IN CONSTRUCTION
CEFGA promotes the construction industry as a career by supporting construction training programs and job placement of work-ready people throughout Georgia through its nationally recognized Construction Ready Program, currently offered at four locations in metro Atlanta.
Construction Ready is a FREE four-week program that screens and trains entry-level workers. Earning up to eight industry-recognized credentials, graduates of construction ready are drug-free, trained, credentialed and motivated to work.
Since 2014, the Construction Ready Program has trained and placed more than 900 graduates into full-time, living-wage careers with construction companies throughout metro Atlanta.
CONSTRUCTION READY METRICS
- Placement Rate of Graduates Since Inception: 95%
- Program Start to Industry Career Placement (In Days): 25
- Place Rate of Graduates in 2017-18: 89%
- Graduates Still Employed after 365 Days: 70%
- Starting Range of Hourly Pay for Graduates: $12-15
- Total Wages Earned by Graduates since June 2014: $25m+
- Five-Star Student Satisfaction Rating: 4.2
- Five-Star Employer Satisfaction Rating: 4.0
CONSTRUCTION READY TRAINING SITES*
- Construction Ready at Westside Works
261 Joseph E Lowery Boulevard NW, Atlanta, GA 30314
- Construction Ready at Build Cobb
980 South Cobb Drive, Building K, Marietta, GA 30060
- Construction Ready at Georgia Hill
250 Georgia Avenue SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
- Construction Ready at Aerotropolis
2323 Sylvan Road, Atlanta, GA 30344
*Additional sites coming soon.
Visit our Events page to view upcoming dates for the Construction Ready program.
Read the Success Stories of past Construction Ready participants.
Are you a resident interested in enrolling in Construction Ready, a Construction Ready graduate seeking employment, or an employer interested in hiring graduates from this program? Visit constructionready.us to sign up!
SUPPORT FOR CONSTRUCTION READY
“McKenney’s has gained five very valuable employees thanks to the innovative Construction Ready program. What CEFGA offers—a single-source supplier of employees who have a basic level of construction understanding—is almost unheard of in the current market.”
– Dave Tzimenatos, Field Operations Supervisor, McKenney’s
CONSTRUCTION READY PLUS
Construction Ready graduates who have been employed full-time for at least 90 days are eligible to enroll in Construction Ready PLUS, sponsored by the Home Depot Foundation. Click here to read more about this program that gives students the knowledge and skills to take their construction careers to a higher level. For upcoming class dates, visit our Events page.