The CEFGA CareerExpo links students directly to professionals in the areas of construction, utility contracting, highway contracting, electrical contracting, mechanical contracting, energy, mining and more. The CareerExpo features hands-on displays that allow students to engage with industry leaders, equipment and materials and tap into their unique skills and interests. The event also features the SkillsUSA State Championships, a competition in which students showcase their skills in a number of construction-related disciplines. This combined event continues to grow each year and drew a record 8,615 attendees in 2019.
CEFGA’s 16th Annual CareerExpo and SkillsUSA State Championships returns to Atlanta on March 12-13, 2020 at The Georgia World Congress Center. This year’s Expo will feature:
- 24 Worlds of Construction, each representing an industry specialty, from HVAC and Drywall to Energy and Fire Protection
- A brand new World of Water
- Highway construction simulators in the World of Highway Construction
- The SkillsUSA State Championships, in which students showcase their skills in a number of construction-related disciplines with winners moving on to the National Championships
- More than 10,000 attendees, including 6,000+ students who will learn about the trades through hands-on displays and interactive activities, while meeting professionals in the construction industry who are looking to build their talent pipeline.
CareerExpo only happens once a year, and it’s a can’t-miss opportunity for students to begin building a future in the construction industry. Learn more.
Register for CareerExpo and help CEFGA introduce the next generation to the skilled trades and fulfill the ever present workforce needs of Georgia construction companies.
2019 CEFGA CareerExpo and SkillsUSA State Championships at a Glance
- 8,615 Total Attendees
- 5,914 Students
- 1,187 Influencers (Teachers, Parents, Counselors and School Administrators)
- 1,514 Industry Volunteers, Exhibitors and Other Guests